People’s United Bank makes it convenient to manage your finances through powerful Financial Management Software such as Quicken. We offer three options to connect your accounts, choose the option that’s best for you:
- Web Connect - Web Connect allows you to manually download electronic statements from your peoples.com accounts to Quicken
- Web Connect Express - Provides you immediate inquiry only access to your online banking accounts without the need to login to peoples.com.
- Direct Connect - Download your bank statements and pay bills right within your software without the need to login to peoples.com
Option 1 - Web Connect
WebConnect allows you to manually download electronic statements from your peoples.com accounts and then import them into Quicken. You may find this useful if you regularly visit peoples.com to conduct transactions and you do not wish to provide your username and password to Quicken.
Follow these steps to access your accounts via Web Connect:
1. Login to online banking at www.peoples.com.
2. Click on "Download Banking Transactions".
3. Choose the accounts and date range you want to download from the drop down menu.
4. Select the "Quicken Software uses Web Connect" option and click "Download Transactions"
5. Open the file in Quicken and follow the prompts to choose the Quicken account to which you wish to import the transactions.
Having Trouble? View our Frequently Asked Questions for help.
Option 2 - Web Connect Express
Web Connect Express provides you immediate inquiry only access to your online banking accounts without the need to login to peoples.com. You may find this useful if you do not need to conduct transactions and you do not wish to wait for special "Direct Connect" login credentials to be mailed to you.
Please be advised that Quicken will require you to provide your online banking Username and Password.
People’s United Bank advises its customers to never give their login credentials to anyone else.
To learn more about Web Connect - Express visit quicken.intuit.com/support.
Option 3 - Direct Connect
Direct Connect provides a connection between your People’s United Bank account and Quicken / QuickBooks. It allows you to download your bank statements and pay bills right within your software without the need to login to peoples.com. You may find this useful if you wish to manage your bill payments from within Quicken / Quickbooks and are a regular user of the more advanced software features.
To access your accounts via Direct Connect, please follow these steps:
1. Call People’s United Bank to signup at 1-800-894-0300
2. You will receive your Direct Connect user ID and Password in the mail within 2 weeks
3. After you receive your User ID and Password, start your Quicken Software and Select Add An Account
4. Search for People’s United Bank - CT as your Financial Institution
5. Activate the One Step Update feature and be sure to choose the “Direct Connect” option.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to enter your Direct Connect Credentials
View Frequently Asked Questions About Direct Connect.